Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
You will be an integral member of the CZI Contracts Team, a part of CZIâs growing Legal and Grants Management team, focused on contracts management and negotiation. You will manage, administer and execute contracts critical to the success of our program objectives and operational goals. In addition to working with educators, scientists, and changemakers to help CZI achieve its ambitious mission, you will support contract owners in the initiatives and central functions with end-to-end contracts management and provide training, draft documentation, and improve processes related to contracts and procurement for internal clients. You will report to the Lead Contracts Manager.
If you are a mission-oriented, systems-driven thinker who enjoys creating efficiencies, building scalable processes, and collaborating across multiple functions, this role might be of interest to you!
- Draft, revise, review, negotiate and complete inbound commercial and business contracts and transaction documents, as assigned, including procurement contracts, professional services contracts, select licensing and SaaS agreements, order forms, statements of work, and event and marketing contracts, serving as a key point of contact for business partners and external parties.
- Own and execute end-to-end contracts management from intake to execution of contract, including matter management of contracts negotiated by counsel.
- Interface regularly with and advise our internal partners on contracts-related questions, tasks and best practices, and use discretion and priority setting skills to escalate as necessary.
- In partnership with the Lead Commercial Counsel, create and update contracts resources, including integrating new terms into templates, deciding documents best suited for internal client requests, and process documentation.
- In partnership with the Lead Contracts Manager, create, update, and conduct contracts training for internal partners (including on CZI contracts management systems, policies and processes).
- Proactively identify solutions to recurring requests, negotiation blockers, and inefficient processes to drive scale across the organization.
- Contribute to general team and organizational operations, including taking on special projects as a project manager or coverage of other team functions, as necessary.
- 5+ years of in-house contract management experience at a rapidly scaling and/or matrixed employer supporting internal clients with a broad range of commercial contracts, including non-Sales/Revenue Generation agreements.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills (e.g., to communicate clearly about contracts with legal and non-legal partners) and organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and reasonably manage client expectations.
- Ability to assess and balance risk associated with contracts.
- Experience effectively collaborating with contract owners and cross-functional teams to drive alignment and resolve issues.
- Experience with contracts management tools (e.g., Salesforce, SpringCM, DocuSign) and comfortable and adaptive to an array of technology tools (e.g., Slack, Microsoft Word, Google Suite products).
- A learning and growth mindset coupled with humility and mission-oriented sensibilities.