Skills: Distributed Systems, TypeScript, React
Room Service is hiring a generalist software engineer. We’re not looking for someone that knows everything, but someone who’s done a lot of different things or is interested in learning new things.
What Room Service does
We make the infrastructure used to build real-time collaboration. Think like Google Docs or Figma: multiple people editing the same thing a the same time.
In the long term, Room Service is the cool company about making friends and working together.Â We’re going to make it easier to build multiplayer products in all sorts of ways and hopefully make the internet more fun along the way.
What you could work on
- Building a CRDT-like datastore in Typescript / Go. Possibly Rust / WASM (we’re experimenting here)
- Deploying & managing servers as physically close to users as possible
- Creating Room Service’s CLI & web dashboard
What we look for
- You teach others. If your way of understanding a topic is to teach someone else about it, then we want to hire you. Bonus points if you can teach others through writing.
- You default to helping. If you find a bug in an library you’re using and don’t just find a workaround, but fix it and submit a PR to the repo, we want to hire you.
- You’re friendly. We’re a company about making friends and working together; we like friendly folks.
Nice things about working here
- Remote & flexible hours, even after the pandemic dies down.
- Legitimate concern for your well being and mental health (we even started as a mental health company)
- Working on new & interesting tech, much of it OSS
Source: Remote OK