See yourself at Twilio
Join the team as our next Software Engineer.Â
Who we are & why weâre hiring
Twilio powers real-time business communications and data solutions that help companies and developers worldwide build better applications and customer experiences.
Although we’re headquartered in San Francisco, we have presence throughout South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. We’re on a journey to becoming a globally anti-racist, anti-oppressive, anti-bias company that actively opposes racism and all forms of oppression and bias. At Twilio, we support diversity, equity & inclusion wherever we do business. We employ thousands of Twilions worldwide, and we’re looking for more builders, creators, and visionaries to help fuel our growth momentum.
About the job
Twilio Flex is a programmable cloud contact center platform that enables critically important customer communications for businesses such as Lyft, Shopify and many others. We are seeking a Software Development Engineer to join our globally distributed Flex R&D organization.Â
In this role, youâll:
- Collaborate with the engineering team and architects, design appropriate solutions that satisfy scale, latency and reliability requirements.
- Work with the product stakeholders on defining the functional and non-functional requirements, as well as distilling the requirements and customer use cases into architecture, technical design, and code.Â
- Own the design and development of new APIâs and significant new features end-to-end.
- Ensure great developer experiences for developers worldwide.
- Collaborate with other Flex teams based in Tallinn, Prague and London and other Twilio teams that are globally distributed.
- Collaborate with your team and coach junior members of the team.
- Cultivate an atmosphere of quality by championing testing standard methodologies and engineering efficiency. Adopt engineering best practices to deliver, secure, maintainable and scalable software.
Not all applicants will have skills that match a job description exactly. Twilio values diverse experiences in other industries, and we encourage everyone who meets the required qualifications to apply. While having âdesiredâ qualifications make for a strong candidate, we encourage applicants with alternative experiences to also apply. If your career is just starting or hasn’t followed a traditional path, don’t let that stop you from considering Twilio. We are always looking for people who will bring something new to the table!
- 3+ years of Software Engineering experience, building, scaling and maintaining backend services.
- Proficiency with the Java programming language.
- Hands-on experience writing clean and testable code. Experience with build patterns from architecture to automated build and test pipelines and test-driven development.
- Hands-on experience with SQL/NoSQL database design.
- Fundamental understanding of microservice and event driven architectures, their benefits and challenges including various broker implementations (preferably Kafka, Kinesis, SQS).
- Well versed understanding on using REST APIs.Â
- Strong communication skills. Desire to make an impact and thrive in small, collaborative, possibly distributed teams. Ability to work with your team towards common goals.
- Experience with AWS services (DynamoDB, Kinesis, Lambda, SQS, S3), as well as Docker, Terraform.
- Any experience with DataStreaming/Processing technologies such as Kafka/Kinesis, Kafka Streams, Flink, Spark or Hadoop.
- Experience with Typescript and desire to extend the expertise to the client-side engineering is a plus.
This role will be based remotely in Poland.
What We Offer
There are many benefits to working at Twilio, including, in addition to competitive pay, things like generous time-off, ample parental and wellness leave, healthcare, a retirement savings program, and much more. Offerings vary by location.
Twilio thinks big. Do you?
We like to solve problems, take initiative, pitch in when needed, and are always up for trying new things. That’s why we seek out colleagues who embody our values â something we call Twilio Magic. Additionally, we empower employees to build positive change in their communities by supporting their volunteering and donation efforts.
So, if you’re ready to unleash your full potential, do your best work, and be the best version of yourself, apply now!
If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, please consider other open positions.