At LimeSurvey we are dedicated building the worldâs #1 open survey platform emphasized on ease of use, stability, and extensibility. We do this together with our fast-growing community and an international team of survey fanatics in Hamburg.
You can find LimeSurvey in over 140 countries and 80+ languages: from local governments, NGOâs and universities to students, small business owners and public traded companies.
We could use some help. If youâre looking for the next challenge as Software Engineer, you might have just found it.
This will be your arena:
Our LimeSurvey survey platform is providing capabilities to create and collect online surveys and analyse and share survey data. The survey platform can be used to conduct simple questionnaires with just a couple of questions or advanced assessments with conditionals and quota management.
We work closely with our community and partner network to co-create, fix bugs, translate, and share knowledge. You will join our creative team and get involved in building the worldâs #1 open-source survey platform.
As the Software Engineer, you will have a key position in our Survey Platform Development team. Â You will help build a versatile, open-source survey tool for newcomers and professionals. So, they can get the freshest insights – as easy as squeezing a lime. Well, for the latter âeasyâ part we could really use your help.
This will be your challenge:
- You will be involved in the entire development cycle for frontend and backend topics
- You need to stay on top of new technologies and seek for possible improvements
- You will build new features and break them down from our product roadmap.
- You will align back and forwards with teamsâ members and product owner
- Â You will come up with technical solutions for implementation and implement accordingly
- You will write technical requirements and implement them together with our team.
- You are responsible for the code you write in line with our LimeSurvey coding guidelines
- Manage application maintenance and their environments
- Your code will be showcased to the rest of the world, since weâre open source
This is you:
- You have worked on B2B, SaaS or Dev Tools
- You have solid programming skills and master PHP frameworks, Yii would be great but is always learnable
- You foster relationships with your team and have great communication skills + a getting things done mentality
- You understand technologies supporting the LimeSurvey ecosystem
- You are an active contributor to opensource projects (or will be in the future ;-))
- You have a good sense of humour, and you stay calm in stressful situations
- You want to be part of a distributed down to earth team on a mission to create the world’s #1 open survey platform
Tech we use:
- Yii-3 PHP Framework
- React JS
- Bootstrap 5
- MySQL, MSSQL and Postgres
Varied, interesting and challenging tasks, the chance to work with a growing dynamic distributed international team, room for creativity and your own ideas. We offer a wide range of training courses including language classes.
We work flexible hours, distributed, from home or in the office. We offer a dynamic working environment with flexible hours remote, from home, or in the office if youâre nearby at headquarters in Hamburg. As well as an appropriate salary package based on cost of living including paid vacation, local public holidays, paid sick leave & parental leave, employment & contractor options.