Matcha Design Labs
Headquarters: Austin, TX
💼 WHAT YOU’LL OWN
You’ll be working on the full spectrum of product design: from sketches/wireframes to UI design. Creating app designs, developing UI styles, creating a component library, and designing onboarding screens are a few of the things you might do in your first couple weeks.
Someone who excels in this role will become a key stakeholder in Matcha Design Labs with the ability to select their projects, contribute to our design process, and inform design strategy.
- Growth. You value growth. You always find ways to improve yourself and be the best version of yourself. Matcha Design Labs has fostered growth for all of its team members — it’s basically a catalyst for You 2.0 (personally and professionally).
- Reliable. You do what you say you’re going to do, when you say you’re going to do it.
- Collaborative. You share feedback early and often.
- Creative & can contribute meaningful ideas.
- Knows when to turn on the left brain to analyze + make decisions.
- You’re not afraid to try something you’ve never done before or something that doesn’t fit perfectly in your wheelhouse (like doing a little copywriting or editing a screen)
- Leadership. You provide constructive feedback with love and grace and are constantly thinking of ways to help raise your teammates up.
- Inquisitive. You ask lots of questions before proposing solutions.
- Can part with your ego + take feedback. You are quick to admit to your mistakes and are willing to do what it takes to make it right.
- Cool, calm, and collected. You stay level-headed under pressure and deadlines. You’re not afraid to juggle many things at once.
💾 TECH PROFICIENCIES
- Expert Proficiency in Figma + Sketch.
- Expert Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Expert Proficiency in Prototyping with InVision, Figma, Principle, or something similar.
- Familiar with: Google Drive, Loom, Toggl, Project Management Systems (like Asana, ClickUp, Trello, Notion).
- Bi-Weekly Virtual Team Happy Hours which often include fun virtual games, tarot card pulls, talking about life, exchanging book recs, and laughing a lot.
- Learning Labs Workshops + Training provided quarterly on areas of the team’s interest like: leading meetings, creative brainstorming, diversity & inclusivity, and more.
- Fully-Remote Team Culture. We are a borderless and global team. We love our freedom and the ability to work from anywhere!
- Must be able to work part-time (~10 hrs/wk to start)
- Must be available during US working hours.
- Must have 3+ years experience in Product / UX / UI design or some related field.
- Bonus: Has directly worked with clients before (in a consulting-type capacity).
- Must submit a resume.
- Must submit a design portfolio website.
💸 $$ & STUFF