- PINATA is known for elegantly designed enterprise software. While we put exceptional emphasis on aesthetics, our ultimate focus is usability and customer experience. As such, we measure the success of design not just in pixel-perfection, but also in the day-to-day value it delivers to our hard-working users. Simply put: This role is about designing usable software first and foremost. The ideal candidate will relish system/UX/UI design in equal or greater measure to visual design/branding.
- This role will work closely with existing CPO and Lead Designer, who will be primarily responsible for setting overall product direction, scoping, and in some cases designing key screens that will need elaboration. The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to collaborate and learn from experienced colleagues, while working within the stylistic and functional parameters they establish.
- Translate mocks, sketches, or general design direction into fully-realized screens across mobile and desktop, relying heavily on an existent style guide and component library.
- In collaboration with Product Management, produce development-ready output that can be handed off to the Dev Team with appropriate specifications (e.g. interaction notes, thorough documentation of edge-case states, error messages, instruction copy etc.)
- Contribute to the development of a consistent, flexible, and extensible design system and reusable components
- Design with technical lift in mind, maximizing value for our customers while minimizing developer effort/time to build.
- QA dev-team outputs to assess both aesthetics, copy, and UX
- The ideal candidate will also, on occasion and where appropriate, support product marketing functions with static visual output (one pagers, infographics, etc.). This is a great opportunity to flex visual-design muscles as well.
- Experience designing for enterprise utility (i.e. people who need to get complex work done). Candidates with only branding/visual-design experience will not be considered.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience (with a preference for those who have worked full-time or on long-form projects with a group of developers)
- Experience designing for both mobile web and desktop
- Excellent verbal and visual communication skills
- Experience using (and ideally contributing to) reusable and extensible components
- Knowledge of how your designs turn into code (aka, dev-friendly)
- A can-do attitude with a willingness to roll up your sleeves and solve complex design problems on your own, iteratively and quickly
- The passion and energy to shape the future of a young company that’s poised to fundamentally change a major industry
The ideal candidate will also have...
- Familiarity with front-end concepts (such as Elm or React), as you will be designing interfaces primarily for the engineering team using this framework
- Some CSS/HTML is a plus
- Experience with developer-friendly design tools such as Figma and Zeplin.io
- Competitive compensation plan/base/bonus relative to the role and your experience
- Full time employees benefits package includes 99% paid medical, dental, & vision insurance – as well as life Insurance
- 401k with a discretionary match based on company performance
- Pre-tax transit check program options
- Long term disability leave policies
- Generous maternity and paternity leave policy
- 12 paid company holidays and a flexible vacation policy – get your work done and take the time off you need
- Work from home/remote work option
- Frequent team outings including retreats, happy hours, dinners, game night, and more!
- We’re excited to meet you! Please send your resume and portfolio links to [email protected]
At PINATA, we’ve built a collaborative, hard-working, and high-performing team that values dedication, diversity, and positivity in equal measure. We support each other and are always willing to go above and beyond to help our teammates and our users. We work hard but know how to have a lot of fun while we’re at it too.
Source: We Work Remotely: Design Jobs