Associate Engineering Manager
1st & 2nd Floors
1A Shepherdess Walk
London N1 7QE
9.00am â 5.00pm Monday to Friday
Team Jet is made up of UK-based engineers and contractors in Belarus, Poland and Georgia. Our core UK-based team is mostly in London with one of us in Bristol. The roles within the team are Lead Engineer, Senior Engineer, 2 Engineers and our Engineering Manager. We also have a Product Manager.
We primarily build and maintain internal products that support the daily operations of our Marketing team to drive more value from our marketing campaigns.
We work hard delivering code to high standards, and we love to share our knowledge with, and to learn from, all the other MVF tech teams, whether through the department Tech Guild or the Team Jet book club or architecture meetings.
We also love to relax and celebrate our success. You can expect invites for socials, lunches and after-work catch-ups over a drink or a stroll around our brand new office.
We are a remote-working team, but team members based in the UK visit the office at least once a week. Everyone in the department is required to attend the office a minimum of two days per month, but during your onboarding we find it easiest if youâre in the office every week.
This role offers the opportunity to work in an agile team where you can learn and contribute to the whole development life cycle: planning, design, implementation, testing, documentation, deployment and maintenance.
You will help to build new features and integrations with third party marketing partner APIs. You will collaborate closely with internal stakeholders to plan these features and get input during development. Our newer codebases are written in TypeScript using Node & React and our older codebases are written in PHP. The majority of your work will be backend but everyone in the team is full stack and able to work or support on any feature.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Codeâbuild new features, improve tech, fix bugs, and reduce tech debt
- Collaborateâparticipate in standup, planning, and retrospective
- Learnâlearn about the whole development life cycle and improve tech skills
As an investment in your growth and learning, you are entitled to a yearly training budget of Â£1000 . You will also have a dedicated mentor within Team Jet and a buddy in MVF during your probation to help you settle in.
We have clear values that inform everything we do, from who we hire, to the work we do, to which businesses we partner with.
- Drive to be world classâchampion best practices
- Work smart & deliver fastâthrive in a collaborative team where discussion is encouraged
- Love innovationâlove learning; implement new technologies and methodologies (but be OK with supporting older projects and contributing to a healthy codebase)
- Help others succeedâfind ways to share your knowledge with others
- Earn trustâcommunicate clearly and respectfully with your team and non-technical stakeholders; be helpful and honest
- Inspire positivityâpresent solutions rather than problems
We encourage you to apply even if you donât âtick all the boxes.â
- Create components using React
- Contribute to back-end codebases (Node.js)
- Write good documentation (Readmes)
- Use command line comfortably
- Work collaboratively on codebases
- Use online resources to get yourself unstuck
- Take on board peer feedback
- Give feedback on other peopleâs code
- Ask lots of questions and be curious to learn!
You want to learn:
- Relational databases (MySQL)
- Unit/functional tests
- How to use Git effectively