The Associate Director of Business Insights & Analytics is an analytically heavy role, utilizing processed business information points as the basis to further define and build out metrics, KPIs and analytical models to find operational issues, predict risk scores, incidence of disease, admits, LOS, financials etc., and prescribe actions to improve key KPIs and metrics. The initial focus of this role will be on operational and clinical KPIs and metrics, including logic definition and alignment, metric cataloguing and governance, and providing highly contextualized and actionable business insights to P&L owners, clinical leaders, business stakeholders and executives. As the enterpriseâs analytical capabilities mature, the focus of the role will shift to leading a team of analysts, mentoring and proactive analytical capability building.
Youâll be responsible for:
- Collaborating with business stakeholders in helping identify which metrics are the most useful to track, how should they be defined, and how can they be improved
- Helping with the creation of a business insights analytical function thatâll become critical for providing business leaders with key insights on their operations, ideas backed by analysis on how to improve status quo, and finding new solutions and levers to improve business and clinical efficacy
- Building relationships and trust with business partners
- Using data, information, analysis and modeling to find ways to improve key metrics, optimize operations and clinical efficacy
- Partner closely with the Director of Business Information Management in designing the business-facing semantic layers and foundational information structures thatâll feed into analytics
- Serve as a subject matter expert for business rules and logic (clinical and non-clinical) to convert information into operational and clinical metrics and KPIs
- Partner with the Director of Business Information in the design and development of a single source of truth repository for the companyâs clinical and operational data
- Communicate effectively to business users, stakeholders and leaders on how business and clinical logic is applied to information points to arrive at key KPIs and metrics, why weâre measuring what weâre measuring, and how operational activities interlink to KPIs, OKRs etc.
- Help lead the build-out and maintenance of an enterprise KPI catalog and dictionary
- Oversee all aspects of KPI/metrics governance
- Bachelorâs Degree required.
- Masterâs Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 7 yearsâ experience in business analytics, with a focus on converting business information into actionable analysis and insights
- Minimum 6 yearsâ experience with business information architecture, business metric governance, metric cataloging and dictionaries
- Minimum of two yearsâ experience in the healthcare industry.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with leaders, stakeholders and users.
- Minimum 7 yearsâ experience with SQL, SAS, Tableau, Power BI or other analytical and business intelligence tools
- Two yearsâ supervisory experience with demonstrated ability to mentor and develop team members preferred
- Experience guiding developers on analysis design problems, and being acutely hands-on
- Deep commitment to helping unlock the potential of our most vulnerable seniors.